We are looking for a talented Director of Network Engineering. In this role you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and implementing network structure to optimize costs, improve quality, improve efficiency and increase information services security. You will work with our teams to modernize current network architecture, build high-performance network environments, create network automation components, and create highly resilient self-remediating network traffic control. You will create and maintain documentation of network configuration, network mapping, processes and service records, and lead and supervise engineers.
- Work with Cisco Catalyst series switches staring from Cat2k to Cat9k, troubleshoot data-plane and control-plane problems connected with routing protocols; install and troubleshoot technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Linux and various cloud providers; work with network protocols such as OSPF (Open Shortest Path First), BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) and NMS (Network Management Systems) software.
- Installation, integration and support for monitoring systems, servicing and monitoring UNIX/Linux-based servers, monitor daily operations with various server operating systems including RHEEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux), Ubuntu, and MS Windows, and write python scripts.
- Travel 10% of the time to company sites in Florida and Los Angeles and have the option to work from home 2 days per week.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree in either: 1) Computer Science; or 2) Electrical and Computer Engineering. Foreign degree is acceptable.
- Four years experience (48 months) as Director of Network Engineering or as Technical Consulting Engineer, or Data Network Team Leader, or UNIX and SAN Engineer. Can combine experience in these jobs to meet four year requirement.
- Work experience with Cisco switching hardware, troubleshooting data-plane and control-plane problems, Kubernetes, Docker and Linux systems, OSPF, BGP, NMS software, RHEEL, Ubuntu, MS Windows, Python scripts, and supervising engineers.
- We are looking for a candidate to work out of our Global Network Operation Center located in Long Beach, CA - no remote candidates.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Corporate Matching
- Free Lunch Fridays
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays and Sick Time
- Causal company culture
- Maternity and Paternity Plans