As our Network Engineer, you will work directly with department leaders to clarify business requirements and be responsible for designing network solutions to meet those needs. Your day to day responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Develop and document process and procedures in support of designed and deployed solutions.
- Handle network systems changes and expansions. This includes short and long-term projects as well as special requests from upper-management related to network infrastructure for the entire company.
- Being available on-call to take care of immediate needs (eg. critical issues). Must be ready to perform pre-scheduled nighttime and weekend troubleshooting, installations, and repair.
- Actively contribute to team’s professional development and to be eager-learner increasing personal proficiency. Initiate training as needed to support the team or business.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in a senior role
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Must have solid CCNP or fresh CCIE level of proficiency (valid certificates are not necessary)
- Solid understanding of any kind of Layer-2 network technologies (STP, VLAN etc.)
- Deep understanding of dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP and etc.)
- Understanding of miscellaneous network related features (FHRP, VRF, BFD etc. )
- Excellent understanding of and being experienced in building VPN networks using various technologies (OpenVPN, ipsec, gre, dmvpn etc.)
- Hands-on experience with NFV routers
- Good working knowledge of security practices (DMZ, segmentation, experience with firewalls)
- Solid understanding of troubleshooting technics, being able to help admin/operations teams to troubleshoot on different levels of OSI model
- Good understanding of networking stack in different operating systems
Other knowledge and skills
- Automation (any kind of automation is a plus/Ansible)
- Understanding of virtualization approaches
- Good knowledge in *NIX-based operating systems
- Familiarity in different monitoring approaches
- We are looking for a candidate to work out of our Global Network Operation Center located in Long Beach, CA - no remote candidates.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Corporate Matching
- Free Lunch Fridays
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays and Sick Time
- Causal company culture
- Maternity and Paternity Plans