Consider this a Help Wanted sign posted on our virtual front door. Are you a talented network engineer looking for a new opportunity? There’s an empty desk in our office that could have your name on it.
Read the description below and if you fit the bill or know someone who does, email your resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work directly with departments leaders to clarify business requirements to design network solutions to meet those needs.
- Develop and document process and procedures in support of designed and deployed solutions.
- Handle network systems changes and expansions. This includes short and long-term projects, as well as special requests from upper-management related to network infrastructure for the entire company.
- Being available on-call to take care of immediate needs (eg. critical issues). Must be ready to perform pre-scheduled nighttime and weekend troubleshooting, installations, and repair.
- Actively contribute to team’s professional development. Must be an eager-learner, increasing personal proficiency. Initiate trainings as needed to support the team or business.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in a senior role
- Problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Must have solid CCNP or fresh CCIE level of proficiency (valid certificates are not necessary)
- Solid understanding of any kind of layer-2 network technologies (STP, VLAN, etc.)
- Deep understanding of dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Understanding of miscellaneous network-related features (FHRP, VRF, BFD, etc. )
- Excellent understanding of and being experienced in building VPN networks using various technologies (OpenVPN, IPSec, GRE, DMVPN, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with NFV routers
- Good knowledge of security practices (DMZ, segmentation, experience with firewalls)
- Solid understanding of troubleshooting techniques, being able to help admin/operations teams to troubleshoot different levels of OSI model
- Good understanding of networking stack in different OSes – Linux/Windows/virtualization
Other knowledge and skills:
- Automation (any kind of automation is a plus/Ansible)
- Understanding of virtualization approaches
- Good knowledge of *NIX-based operating systems
- Familiarity with different monitoring approaches
- Ability to self-study and rapidly pick up new technology (network scope)